Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Perfect Night


Last night was a perfect night!  I had a date to the Suns v. Houston Rockets game, so we met at Wong's Place for some Deep Fried Tofu ("little pillows of happiness") and Crystal Shrimp with Walnuts ("creamy nuggets of pure joy") before the game.  Wong's Place never disappoints, it was amazing!!!!!  And then the Suns won!!!!  107-105, it was very exciting!  After the game, we stopped by Boulders on Broadway to have some beer.  I tried a Cascara Quad which I never heard of before, and it was pretty good.  The bartender described it as "figs and coffee cherries".  I'm not sure I actually tasted those flavors (or even what a coffee cherry is), but it was tasty.  I decided to move on to water, but later on, shortly before last call, we decided to try the Smoked & Oaked Belgium Style Ale.  The big bottle was just enough for each of us to have a full glass of Smoked & Oaked.  This beer was DELICIOUS!!!  And at 10.4% alcohol.....  I didn't realize beforehand the effect that one little glass was going to have on my brain!  I was in no condition to drive home!  Luckily, my date, who is much bigger and stronger than me, was ok to drive, and he even knew how to drive a stick shift, so he got me home safe.  That's what I call a perfect night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment