Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Prize-Winning Deliciousness!!!


 CHICXULUB SURVIVORS CLUB VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!

So, this week in celebration of St. Patrick's Day, our Spring League director decided to host a contest for the best St. Patrick's themed desserts and drinks, to be held at halftime during league nights.  Each team would submit a drink and a dessert, and the winning entry from each category would win a prize.

Somehow I got it in my head that I wanted to make a drink out of mint chocolate chip ice cream, so it would be both green and yummy, so I volunteered to make our team's drink.  I found a recipe on the internet that sounded like it might be good, then went on a mission to find the ingredients.  Later, I made a test batch to make sure the drink would win the prize, and ended up tweaking the recipe just a little for maximum yumminess.  Of course, I also ended up intoxicated from tasting about 4 tiny sips of the drink while testing the recipe... yeah, it's pretty strong!

On game day, I came home early to make the drinks, and I was on the phone with my mom, telling her what I was doing, and that there was going to be a prize for the best drink.  She said "The prize is probably stuff to help you drink some more."  HOW DID SHE KNOW????  She's so wise.


My mom was right.  The prize pack included party hats, big and small, shot glasses, party shades, party ducks (?), party antennas, and party bracelets.  That was some incentive, but the bigger prize was a victory for our team and bragging rights for the next year.

What can I say?  The drink was delicious, the judges cast their votes, and the Chicxulub Survivors Club came away victorious in the drink division!

MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM SHOTS (or Prize-Winning Deliciousness!):

1 shot Green Creme de Menthe
1 shot Goldschlager
1 shot Irish Cream
1 shot Golden Rum
1 cup of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (the green kind)
Dark Chocolate Candy - shaved into little shavings (optional)

Put the liquor and the ice cream into the blender and blend it up for a few seconds until it's smooth.  Add the chocolate shavings and briefly mix them in.  Serve ice cold!

For the contest, I made 8x the recipe so that everyone who wanted some could partake.  My blender could hold 4x the recipe at a time (4 shots of each liquor, 4 cups of ice cream, and 1 candy bar), so that was 2 batches.  I packed it on ice and it held up pretty well.  Make sure you shake it before pouring so you get some chocolate in each shot!  Enjoy!  But don't overdo it!  That's a lot of liquor!

No comments:

Post a Comment