Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another kind of breakfast..


Look at me trying to be a food stylist hahahaha!!!

I know there's lots of people who don't want to eat pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon for breakfast.  So here's another option, or maybe even a yummy beverage to enjoy with your eggs and bacon...

FRESH FRUIT SMOOTHIE WITH YOGURT:

You can use almost any kind of fruit to make these smoothies:
classic strawberry and banana..
strawberry, blueberry, and banana..
bananas and grapes..
apples..
peaches (pictured above - Safeway had these fat juicy peaches this week)..
blackberries - might be my favorite because it turns the smoothie the most beautiful deep purple color.. (hmmmmm..I might have to make a blackberry run up to Oak Creek Canyon to find Lisa M.'s secret blackberry patch..)  ;-)
Bananas always make the smoothie nice and creamy.

Put about 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit in the blender.
Add about 1/2 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt (vanilla yogurt makes it sweeter).
Then you need to add some liquid almost to the top of the fruit, such as, soy milk, milk, or juice.
If you want to make it even sweeter, add some honey, sugar, or condensed milk - that stuff is VERY sweet.

Then blend it all up till it's smooth like a smoothie!!  When you drink it, you'll feel that cool goodness going all the way into your stomach!!!  Mmmmmmmm!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think I've seen T-Shirts that say: "Menudo the Breakfast of Champions."

    Yes, you are a food stylist; I see you have thrown down the gauntlet. I don't think my 99 cent store disposable camera will result in the quality of photos that you display ... hahaha.

    Oh, and my favorite smoothie is: 3 cups of ice, 3 oz of Don Julio Anejo Tequila, 1 oz of Cointreau, 1 oz of lime juice (preferably the Mexican limes straight from my trees); blend until slushy and serve in a salt-rimmed glass ...

    Keep blogging, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it Sarah - made the smoothie for breakfast today. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When berries are in season and cheap, I buy a LOT of them and wash them and put them in the freezer for smoothies. I get to put blueberries in my smoothies year round.

    ReplyDelete