Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hiding Vegetables in Plain Sight


When I used to read about moms hiding vegetables in their food to get their kids to eat them, I used to think to myself, “Haha, that’s silly!”  Now I’m doing it.

It was easy to chop up a couple extra tomatoes and add them to the spaghetti sauce.  Then I thought, let’s see if they’ll eat the vegetables if I hide them in plain sight.  They actually loved it!  Now they ask for Alfredo with spinach!


These girls only ever want noodles.  Ramen, yakisoba, spaghetti, pasta, and of course, Alfredo.  I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten these for 69 cents in the past, on this day they were on sale for 89 cents.  Still not a bad deal for a side dish that everyone can share.

SPINACH WITH ALFREDO SAUCE PASTA

1 package Alfredo pasta
4 cups fresh spinach, lightly chopped

Make the Alfredo pasta according to the directions on the package.  This one, you have to add water, milk, and butter.  (I guess you can make your own Alfredo sauce from scratch, if you know how to).

Boil the spinach for a few minutes in a little bit of water till it’s completely cooked.  Drain and rinse the spinach in cold water, then squeeze all the water out of them.  You should end up with a nice handful of cooked spinach.

Add the cooked spinach to the prepared Alfredo pasta.   Mix it in pretty good.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment